|The RSO is located within the Office of the Dean (428 HNES) and provides individualized support to researchers by assisting with tasks such as:
The RSO's Bi-weekly Funding Bulletin lists current and upcoming funding/award competitions. It will be emailed to HH researchers twice a month starting the week of Mar. 8, 2021.
RSO Researcher Resources
From this introductory page (currently in development) you will be able to access a series of resource pages to assist with your research endeavours.
- The "must complete" document for applications - York's Internal ORS Checklist
- ORS resources for Grants and Applications
- Faculty of Health Members: How to Apply for External Funding in Ten Steps
- Are you a Co-Applicant?
- Principles for the Allocation of Course Release in the Faculty of Health
- Options for Engaging Research Personnel in the Faculty of Health
- Faculty FAQs re International Visiting Research Trainees
- Graduate Student Stipend Award Calculator (strictly for application budgeting information purposes only. Please contact your GPD for department specific grad salary/compensation requirements.)
Links for keeping up to date on funding opportunities:
- RSO Health-Specific Funding Opportunity Bulletin (updated online and emailed to faculty bi-weekly)
- YUlink Selected Funding Opportunities (behind passport York login)
Potentially Helpful External Links:
- "Grant/Scholarship Writing" Presentation by Orson L. Moritz from The Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute (2012)
Should you have any feedback, suggestions, comments or questions about what you would find most helpful to see on our resource pages, please email the Faculty's Associate Dean, Research & Innovation at email@example.com
COMING SOON (behind a Passport York login)
- Samples of correctly completed ORS checklist for various grant types including examples of how to fill out "in-cash" and "in-kind" portions for trainee funding stipends when applicable
- Sample budget with acceptable and unacceptable line items highlighted for common health grant types, i.e. Triagency.
- Health Researcher FAQs
Health faculty members are encouraged to contact the RSO to discuss funding opportunities, proposal development, research partnerships, the administration of their research funds, and/or any other matters pertaining to research.
Please visit our CONTACT US page to learn more about the roles of our team members and to connect directly with any of the individuals listed above.
For general research inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit funding application documentation, please email email@example.com